Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday, Saturday, its a Saturday...


Desperately needing coffee, E and I headed over to Atomix. I haven't wanted coffee all week; taste buds have been affected by this cold (bronchitis!) for sure.

We stopped in at Sprout, one of my favorite stores. Things there are a bit expensive for me, but they have a great aesthetic and are incredibly nice and helpful. Every time I ask them about a
plant I'm slowly killing, they stop and tell me different things I could try to save it, and alternatives (like, maybe some plastic plants? My suggestion).

Speaking of plants, my 'city garden' is slowly coming along. In an effort to cure my aforementioned brown thumb, my parents (who both enjoy gardening) gave me a birthday gift of two Earth Boxes and a bunch of seedling vegetables to plant. So far...so good. By summer's end I'll be eating tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeƱo peppers, boatloads of herbs (already started on those! Hello, chives in my egg salad) lots and lots of basil*, lettuce and kale. The last two are a crap shoot, as I've planted them from seed...we'll see.

*side note: Ethan is stoked about the basil, and keeps bugging me to plant more, as he recently discovered that 'yes!' he can cook. His pesto, a family recipe, is killer.


No comments: