Dear Village Discount,
It has been a long, rocky relationship, but we're through. At first you had so much to offer- your racks were plentiful and color-coordinated, your purses didn't have mold, and your shoes, oh! Your shoes. At first I was willing to give my time, energy and money to scouring your aisles in hopes of that one thrilling vintage find, be it clothing or a painting so odd I just could not dare pass it up.
Then, seemingly overnight, your aisles became piles of rags, your poor employees left to manage them. Your half price days ridiculous displays of human carnage, with patrons stopping where ever they pleased. Children running amok, despite your pleas in several languages not to leave them 'unattended'. For a while, I was able to over look this. Today, however, was the last straw.
Through the dust, grime and dirt; tirelessly, but politely, pushing through throngs of people; past an employee who actually threw a hanger at me and whacked my ankle, I saw it. The vintage find of them all- a cashmere, beaded, sequined cardigan. Could it be? Yes. My g-d, no stains. Satin trimmed edges. No frivolous buttons. Not one, solitary bugle bead missing. And in my size!
I die.
Wait. No! Don't end this sweet dream! Not another nightmare! Staples in the tag...evidence it was there...but where is the price? WHERE?!
Oh, Village Discount, I've endured your ridiculous policies before- remember the coat with the fur collar? How about that YSL dress you offered Jamie, then so cruelly took back? No price, no sale. No argument.
Sorry, VD, but I'm moving on to bigger better things. Real vintage stores. EBay. Maybe the prices are a little higher, but that's something I'm willing to accept for cleanliness, no children and someone willing to sell me something I deserve.
With a single tear,
Mindi
Addendum, posted to the asshole who removed said price tag:
Seriously. Are you an idiot, or just on meth? It is the Midwest, so maybe both.
No price, no sale. It's common knowledge. Don't think I don't know what you're up to- you see the item, think it's 'overpriced', try to remove the tag to argue with the manager, but oops. No dice. Well, don't f&*k it up for the rest of us, DB. We will find you, and hit you over the head with our thrift-scored Coach messenger bags. At let me tell you, those puppies hurt...when they're filled with bricks.
No comments:
Post a Comment