1. Authors GALORE! Mo Willems, Jon Scieszka, John Green, Toni Morrison, Kadir Nelson, Rebecca Stead, Coe Booth, Laurie Halse Anderson...good grief, I could go on for days. The thing is, they were signing autographs, walking around enjoying themselves, giving amazing keynote addresses (right?). I felt like I was in my own version of Hollywood.
2. Free SCHWAG. Oh yes, it can only be described as such. Buttons, pins, posters, ACRs (advance reader copies), galleys, pens, pads of paper, book bags...I had to cut myself off because I'm moving at the end of the month and I just couldn't do that to my friends and family that are helping me move. I got a sizable bunch of books, though.
3. Did I mention Mo Willems?
4. BOOK CART DRILL TEAM. You may be scratching your head wondering, "To what on earth is this crazy woman referring?" (Actually, the way I worded that sentence, I picture you, whomever you may be, thoughtfully stroking a goatee). Go here and watch the madness.

That's my team, The Pitt "Night of the Living Librarians".
Since May we've been driving evening classes in the education building nuts with our loud, clunky book carts and even louder music. Book carts in formation? Yes please! Librarians letting loose? Yes please! Our prize for taking first place is a golden book cart, supplied by Demco. How wacky and wonderful!
Did I mention Mo Willems and Jon Scieszka hosted the drill team event? That's me, having a bit of banter with Mo at the end. Tee hee! He and Mr. Scieszka are, by far, two of my favorite authors. "Naked Mole Rat" slays me every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment