Monday, July 13, 2009

never lived by myself...

While I'm packing for Pittsburgh, I'm making piles. Oh, piles of things to give away, to throw away (straight to the rubbish bin!) and to perhaps sell in a yard sale that will most likely never come to fruition.

Making piles, listening to back-logged This American Life podcasts (what a crime!) and thinking about how I might decorate my new place.

Really, this should be the last of my thoughts, a
s I still have this book to finish for a discussion on my first day of grad student orientation. There are more pressing issues, I know, but what to put on my walls?! Where to put the (yet to be purchased/found on craigslist) sofa?! I've never lived by myself and this is a serious conundrum.

I know for sure I'll put up some pieces that E has drawn for me (and framed! What a nice beau) but I was thinking I might steal some of his Mat Daly prints, too.

(This is off the CHAIN in person! via MatDaly.com)

Mat and E have a sort of mutual admiration thing going and often trade posters (that's, apparently, the thing to do around here. I must say, there are loads of great poster artists in Chicago). I really, really love his work.


No comments: